Great book ideas aren't necessarily the result of highly-paid influencers or drug-induced vision quests in the desert. Often they are unexpected moments of inspiration that help keep the napkin companies and entrepreneurs in business. They are ideas formed often out of necessity and have an immense impact on the lives of everyone who executes them. These are usually the unique ideas that have been formed over years of practice, reflection, and feedback from a growing network of peers.
Lifestyle entrepreneurs, coaches, speakers and people doing interesting things generate some of the greatest book ideas because they require freeing yourself from the conventional, mundane thoughts that occupy most of your brain time. They are able to imagine a future possibility that no one else can. They believe in themselves, and don't give in to self-doubt or fear. And they have a formula to make it all happen.
Maybe you've traveled to seventy countries while running a coaching business and provide tips on how to successfully live out of your suitcase. Maybe you're a leadership expert who believes being lazy is actually the secret to success. Perhaps you've discovered an approach to releasing the pressures of everyday life through cacao ceremonies in nudist colonies. Or maybe you're any other kind of subject matter expert or thought leader who has had a book idea for as long as you can remember and believe now is the time to make a dent in the universe.
The winner of this contest is guaranteed an international publishing deal, in-store book promotion, airport placement, distributed in retail bookstores, and high-level manuscript editing and support.
Our partners will contribute additional prizes that will bring the total value to more than $50k in publishing and marketing packages to the top 3 campaigns with the most pre-order copies, including a 1-to1 Book Launch Strategy Session with USA Today best-selling author and publisher Alinka Rutkowska, an exclusive free invitation the $10k Book Launch Online Course with #1 best-selling author and publisher Jesse Krieger, omplimentary access to Ad Academy by Bookads for all your book advertising needs, a free book promotion at launch by Buck Books, custom book cover design with unlimited revisions from 100 Covers, and a Publishing Coaching Program worth $1.5k from author, coach, and publisher Jennifer Bright.
This contest is open to a wide range of non-fiction topics and authors from different backgrounds. For this book proposal contest, Publishizer is seeking topics on:
lifestyle, technology, business, innovation, sales and leadership, luck, success, money, personal growth, modern living, mindfulness, mental health, well-being, peak performance, sex, relationships, sustainability, influence, creativity, networking, emotional intelligence, hacking, leadership, habits, change, movement, work flow, radical empathy, yoga, fitness, happiness, effectiveness, dieting, microdosing, consciousness, health, spirituality, enlightenment, meditation, evolution, alternative therapies, psychology, emotional intelligence, nutrition, food, clean living, veganism, alternative lifestyle, religion, coaches, speakers, entrepreneurs, yoga teachers, practitioners, psychologists, columnists, buddhists, monks, storytellers, and others
Official Contest Rules
- Open for submissions now until 15 March 2020 23:59 EST.
- All entries must be approved and launched by 15 March 2020 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material, that has not been copied from any other work. Entries must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- Editors from independent and traditional publishing houses will judge and express interest in submissions based on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, length of proposal and Publishizer’s Book Proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Author Profile, Sales Arguments, Audience, Similar Titles, # of Pre-orders.
- This contest has a prize of an international publishing deal, in-store book promotion, airport placement, distributed in retail bookstores, a publicist to help pitch national media, and a high-level of manuscript editing and support. The prize is not transferable, and the winner is responsible for all tax payments, international chargers, transfer fees and/or monetary currency conversion charges related to prize, if any.
- The prize will be awarded to the entry with the most number of pre-orders sold during the contest. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the 30 days of the campaign will count towards the contest.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. All decisions of judges are final.
- By 1 May 2020, the winner will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts. Winners will be notified by email and receive information on publisher interest, deals, and next steps. Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Publishizer earns a 30% commission fee of all pre-order sales at the end of the preorder campaign. The commission on preorder sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer earns no commission fee from future deal authors make with publishers, nor cuts from future book sales after the crowd-publishing campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entrant (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of they registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using any prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the official rules and terms and condition. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- In the event an book pre-order campaign is in the top 3 of this contest and does not reach 500 pre-order copies, it is up to the discretion of the Publishizer team whether or not to pitch the book to traditional publishers.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges or affiliated companies be required to award more than the stated contest terms indicated in these Rules or award the any additional prize(s) other than in accordance with these Rules.